WELCOME TO THE BEGINNER TO EXPERT FITNESS BIKING PLAN!
You are a beginner cyclist and you want to have a better level? You do not know how to train or how to do it? We propose you in this blog post to follow our plan to become a cycling expert! This easy-to-follow plan will help you to develop new abilities and strengthen your muscles.
This program lasts for 8 weeks with training days and rest days. Every week you will evolve steadily to reach your goal of an expert! After this new level reached you will be able to continue high-level cycling and why not register for competitions!
First of all, make sure that your bike and equipment are in good condition before starting this training plan! If you need a new Cannondale bike you are more than welcome to rent a Road Bike in our stores. Before you start, remember also that fitness biking remains an intense sporting activity and that it will be necessary to prepare your body to be able to continue the training sessions. In addition, this plan lasts for several weeks and the training hardens as and when. You must be in a sporting spirit and have the desire to do sports every week. The important points to modify for this training are your diet, your bike safety, your rest and recovery after the effort.
To find out more: Read this article
As you train, you will also develop your personal equipment to reach the level of expert! Do not forget that Unlimited Biking offers a membership program and road bikes rentals with equipments.
You will notice that each training session contains a color and terrain of difficulty. The green color indicates that you can cycle in a moderate way. Familiarize yourself first with this new sporting activity. The orange color means that you are passing a course and the level is hardening. You go faster and you become less and less tired during your sessions. Finally, the red level indicates that you are on the last steps of this plan. And of course the last steps are always the hardest. The level becomes more difficult and you do more training sessions. You are faster and travel longer distances. Keep in mind that during the majority of the sessions you should be working at a comfortable pace, but at certain times in the plan, it will push you harder for short sessions.
The terrains are changing too. Check well that you are using the right training paths. “Flat terrain” means that you can only practice on a flat surface without too much inclination. The “Steep Terrain” tells you that you have to train on progressive incline roads. Finally, when you see “Intensive” the training will be shorter but it will mix flat terrain and steep terrain. In addition, the pace should be faster with sustained acceleration phases.
- WEEK 1: Start your first week and try your bike position but also check if your body is ok with this new sport. If you feel muscle pain, it means that you don’t have the right position or that you are going to fast. For this first week, ride at a normal speed doesn’t go too fast and start familiarizing with the sport.
- WEEK 2: Take into account the problems of the first week and be sure that these little problems are regulated. Do not forget to re-check your equipment. You are now doing more bikes than the first week and you start to get into the habit of driving every week. Again with this training program do not forget to adapt your diet. EAT & DRINK more! Take energy bars and drinks with you during your sessions.
- WEEK 3: You are now doing more bikes than the second week and you are now feeling some improvements. You have more strength and power. You can ride longer and go faster than before! Continue like that!
- WEEK 4: During this week you will experience your first long distances! Do not get discouraged and continue your progress! If you need encouragement, do this sport with a partner, put music from a portable bluetooth speaker.
- WEEK 5: Week 5 gets tougher and you are now at a more difficult level. Increase your speed and your warm-ups. Remember to rest during your rest days! You’ll alternate between flat terrain and steep terrain this week so make sure to hold on! Check your equipment and think about your diet. Do not be discouraged and continue like this!
- WEEK 6: You are going for the second time to do a long-distance week followed by a harder and longer steep terrain! Remember to maintain a good position during your workouts and release your muscles well after exercise. Increase the number of calories and protein you eat each day.
- WEEK 7: This is soon the end of your training program and you are now at the highest level of difficulty! Pay close attention to your body and keep in mind that your health comes first. Do not take risks without thinking before! Check that your body can hold on and continue the final phase of this training plan! Prepare to pedal faster and more intensely with several phases of acceleration throughout your session.
- WEEK 8: After seven weeks, hard work led to this. If you followed the training plan, you should feel fit, full of energy and ready to go. On rest days, organize your equipment. Prepare everything you want to eat and plan a route. Finally, remember to stick to what you have learned throughout the training plan and enjoy the ride! Throughout these weeks of training do not forget to record your sessions thanks to your app on your phone. Competition is the next step!
Try Fitness Biking with us! Book your Road Bike now on our website: Click here!
56 W 56th St, New York, NY 10019
#unlimitedbiking #bike #sport #centralpark #newyork #usa #experience #tour #sightseeing #city #electricbike #biking #landscape #view #fast #electricity #ebikes #fitnessbiking #bicycle #amazing #biketour #fitness #roadbike #friends #location #NYC #sports #daypass #rentals #outdoor