Alexandria: Mount Vernon Bike and Boat Tour
Sign up for our popular Bike and Boat package, which includes a bike ride to Mount Vernon, an afternoon of Mount Vernon activities, and a boat cruise back to Old Town with the Potomac Riverboat Company by Hornblower.
Discover Old Town Alexandria and cycle up to the home of first U.S President, George Washington and his Mount Vernon Estate. Lock up and leave your bike to explore the 18th century mansion, well kept gardens, stables and more. Later in the afternoon, board the Water Taxi for a narrated riverboat cruise back to Old Town to finish off your day.
Available Saturday & Sunday Only!
About this activity
- Duration 5 hours
- Availability Starting time: 9AM
- Languages English
- Departure Point 1 Wales Alley Alexandria, VA 22314
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before starts
• Ride up to Mount Vernon, where you will visit the historic home of America’s first president, George Washington
• Lock up your bike for our team to pick up and explore the mansion, grounds and more during your time on the estate
• Then, board a scenic Riverboat that takes you back to Old Town Alexandria at the end of the day
• Available Saturdays & Sundays only. Boat departs Mount Vernon at 2PM.
There is so much to see when visiting Alexandria and the Mount Vernon Trail. Ride with history and experience the nation’s rich culture by bike and learn all about George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
We recommend guests to arrive at our store location at 9AM-9:30AM to start their journey. The bikes will be picked up from the 1 Wales Alley location, and guests can begin their journey around the Mount Vernon Trail. Guests will have plenty of time to explore the estate with their included Mount Vernon Estate tickets before heading to the boat ride back to Alexandria. The boat departs at 2PM so guests must arrive before then.
- Mount Vernon Estate ticket
- Bike Rental
- Basket/Bike Bag
- Mount Vernon Boat ticket
Prepare for the activity
Unlimited Biking – 1 Wales Alley, Alexandra VA 22314
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card
Know before you go
- Please note, all guests must be able to ride their own bike.
- Group size of maximum 8 people
- Please note, attachments such as double trailers and tag-a-long bikes are not permitted on the tour for the safety reasons.
- Please note, no customer under the age of 18 will be given a bike without an adult over the age of 18 present.
- All staff and guests entering the store will be required to wear a face mask or face covering.
- All staff will be wearing gloves when handling equipment.
- All bikes and equipment are sprayed down before and after each use.
- There is a limit of guests allowed into each location at one time, dependent on the space.