Harlem Highlights Guided Bike Tour
About this activity
- Duration 2 hours
- Availability Starting time 11:00 AM
- Languages English
- Departure Point 111 W 110th St, New York, NY 10026, USA
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before starts
- Receive everything you need to ride in style including a map, chain lock, helmet and basket
- Ride a high-quality Cannondale Bike
- See some of Harlem’s most historic buildings and landmarks
- Learn about the rich legacy of one of New York’s most famous neighborhood’s
Cruise through Harlem and get to know this culturally-rich neighborhood’s history. Meet your guide near Central Park North and bike to the Columbia University campus. Admire the well-kept grounds of one the United States’ most prestigious universities.
Visit the Croton Aqueduct Gate House one of Harlem’s many historic building. Pedal down Strivers Row. Many of Harlem’s most famous residents have lived on this row of architecturally exquisite townhouses, including jazz pianist Eubie Blake, boxer Harry Wills, and actor/singer Bill “Bojangles” Robinson.
Look south and see enjoy views of New York City’s iconic skyline. Ride through the historic Hamilton Heights district and see the Hamilton Grange house. This historic home was once the residence of founding father Alexander Hamilton and is now a museum which chronicles his life. Travel past the Schomburg Library. Pause and reflect at the Harriet Tubman statue. End your tour at the Malcolm X Mosque before returning to Central Park North.
- Bike tour with licensed New York City tour guide
- Bike Rental
- Basket/Bike Bag
- Illustrated Map
Prepare for the activity
111 W 110th St, New York, NY 10026, USA
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card
Know before you go
- Please note, all guests must be able to ride their own bike.
- Group size of maximum 15 people
- Please note, attachments such as double trailers and tag-a-long bikes are not permitted on the tour for the safety reasons.
- Please note, no customer under the age of 18 will be given a bike without an adult over the age of 18 present.
- All staff and guests entering the store will be required to wear a face mask or face covering if they are not fully vaccinated.
- All staff will be wearing gloves when handling equipment.
- All bikes and equipment are sprayed down before and after each use.
- There is a limit of guests allowed into each location at one time, dependent on the space.
Review of: Harlem Highlights Guided Bike Tour
I had the Big Bus Explorer ticket which included a tour with Unlimited Biking. When I emailed them to query booking, there was a discrepancy on the times of the tour printed on the Big Bus Tour website. A lovely lady rung me on WhatsApp as I did not have any mobile data due to being on a UK network who explained that the tour was only one tour at 9am. Unfortunately, we were too late to attend. However, she advised me to come to the store and hire a bike to explore by ourselves which we did. The bikes were easy to use, we had helmets and a bike lock. The rules of the road were quite simple and we went through all the necessary insurance procedures prior to hiring the bike. All the members of staff were really helpful and gave us a map, along with highlighting key attractions within the park. We had 2 hours which I think was not quite enough as we wanted to go at a more leisurely pace, stop and take photos etc. But we underestimated how long it would take us to cycle around so we did leave in a bit of a rush. Overall, a great company to deal with and would definitely recommend!