- Lunch Costs
The Ethnic Apple Bike Tour
Looking for a tour that hits Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens? This comprehensive 7 hour guided bike tour will take you through the Hassidic Jewish Neighborhood in Brooklyn, Williamsburg, Greenpoint, Queensboro Bridge, Williamsburg Bridge, Gantry State Park, Lower East Side, and even a stop for lunch at a local Polish restaurant!
About this activity
- Duration 7 hours
- Availability Starting time: Fridays, 10AM
- Languages English
- Departure Point 56 West 56th Street New York NY 10019 (Between 5th and 6th avenue)
- No cancellation fees if cancelled 24 hours prior to tour date.
Discover Queens, one of the most ethnically diverse places in the world. The view across the East River provides an unforgettable photo.
Cycle down to Brooklyn to encounter Williamsburg, where a centuries-old culture lives on within the orthodox Jewish community. You will find it hard to believe that you are in New York City in the 21st century!
Over to Greenpoint, we’ll discover a vibrant Polish community that honors its roots with native cuisine for lunch. (food cost not included)
Back to the Lower East Side of Manhattan, an area generations of immigrants have called home. Here, early and recent arrivals from Europe, Latin America, and China intermingle with assimilated New Yorkers.
See some of New York City’s most famous sights while working up a sweat on this exciting sightseeing comprehensive bike tour. New York: is it a “melting pot” where cultures meld? Or a “salad bowl” where different cultures maintain their own customs? Or both? On this tour, you’ll find out!
Fittingly, this tour begins in Queens, one of the most ethnically diverse places in the world. At this borough’s Gantry State Park, we see restored “gantries” and learn about their critical role in the city’s commerce in the first part of the 20th century. The view across the East River, directly opposite the United Nations and what was the world’s tallest apartment building, provides an unforgettable photo opportunity.
In Brooklyn, we encounter the most dramatic example of New York’s ethnic mosaic—Williamsburg—where a centuries-old culture lives on within the orthodox Jewish community, and where, on a Friday afternoon, everything is bustling in preparation for the Sabbath. We’ll see how this culture has adapted, on its own terms, to the broader American society. You will find it hard to believe that you are in New York City in the 21st century!
In Greenpoint, another great Brooklyn neighborhood, we’ll discover a vibrant Polish community that honors its roots with native cuisine and language. Here you’ll see how New Yorkers live outside the frantic pace and congestion of Manhattan. We’ll also visit the Lower East Side of Manhattan, an area generations of immigrants have called home. Here, early and recent arrivals from Europe, Latin America, and China intermingle with assimilated New Yorkers.
As we complete this tour, we pass directly in front of the United Nations. What better place than this to reflect on the unique urban mosaic that makes the Big Apple such a fascinating place to explore!
- Bike tour with licensed New York City tour guide
- Bike Rental
- Basket/Bike Bag
- Illustrated Map
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts 56W 56th Street, between 5th and 6th avenue, New York NY 10019
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card
Know before you go
- Please note, all guests must be able to ride their own bike.
- Group size of maximum 8 people
- Please note, attachments such as double trailers and tag-a-long bikes are not permitted on the tour for the safety reasons.
- Please note, no customer under the age of 18 will be given a bike without an adult over the age of 18 present.
- All staff and guests entering the store will be required to wear a face mask or face covering.
- All staff will be wearing gloves when handling equipment.
- All bikes and equipment are sprayed down before and after each use.
- There is a limit of guests allowed into each location at one time, dependent on the space.