- Lunch Costs
The Surprising Bronx Bike Tour
Explore the South Bronx, Bronx River, Bronx Zoo, Yankee Stadium, Bronx’s Little Italy, Poe Cottage, and more on this comprehensive 7 hour guided bike tour around one of the most cultural boroughs of New York City.
About this activity
- Duration 7 hours
- Availability Starting time: Thursdays, 10AM
- Languages English
- Departure Point 111 West 110th Street, New York NY 10026 (between Malcolm X Boulevard and Adam Powell Boulevard)
- No cancellation fees if cancelled 24 hours prior to tour date.
Depart towards South Bronx, an area in the midst of transforming with hip bars, art galleries
The Bronx River, against the forests of the Bronx Zoo, you won’t believe you’re still in NYC
Stop at Yankee Stadium, home to the New York Yankees
Lunch in the Bronx’s Little Italy with an indoor market with hanging sausages, homemade pastas, gourmet sandwiches, and delicious pastries (food cost not included)
Poe Cottage to learn the story of Edgar Allen Poe’s move to the Bronx
Enjoy a poetry reading outside what was once the home of Langston Hughes
Bronx Community College, home of the first ever “Hall of Fame” and set of the Hollywood movie “A Beautiful Mind”
See some of New York City’s most famous sights while working up a sweat on this exciting sightseeing comprehensive bike tour. This tour begins with a ride into the South Bronx, a neighborhood in the midst of transforming from one of the country’s most notoriously dilapidated into a revitalized community with an increasing number of hip bars and galleries.
We also pass through a surprisingly suburban part of the borough, now without a trace of what, 25 years ago, was compared to a bombed-out Berlin at the end of World War II. Then, at the serene falls of the Bronx River, set against the forests of the Bronx Zoo, you won’t believe you’re still in the city!
Lunch in the Bronx’s Little Italy sets you wandering through an indoor market with hanging sausages, homemade pastas, gourmet sandwiches, and delicious pastries. At Poe Cottage, you learn the story of Edgar Allen Poe’s move to the Bronx and hear a reading of his poem Annabel Lee, written upon the death of his wife in this very home. From there, we visit the magnificent campus of Bronx Community College, home of the first ever “Hall of Fame” and set of the Hollywood movie A Beautiful Mind!
- Bike tour with licensed New York City tour guide
- Bike Rental
- Basket/Bike Bag
- Illustrated Map
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts at 111 West 110th Street New York, NY 10026 (between Malcolm X Boulevard and Adam Powell Boulevard)
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card
Know before you go
- Please note, all guests must be able to ride their own bike.
- Group size of maximum 8 people
- Please note, attachments such as double trailers and tag-a-long bikes are not permitted on the tour for the safety reasons.
- Please note, no customer under the age of 18 will be given a bike without an adult over the age of 18 present.
- All staff and guests entering the store will be required to wear a face mask or face covering.
- All staff will be wearing gloves when handling equipment.
- All bikes and equipment are sprayed down before and after each use.
- There is a limit of guests allowed into each location at one time, dependent on the space.