- Lunch Costs
The Surprising Bronx Bike Tour
Explore the South Bronx, Yankee Stadium, the Bronx’s Little Italy, Highbridge Aqueduct, local street life and more on this 7 hour guided bike tour around one of the most cultural boroughs of New York City.
About this activity
- Duration 7 hours
- Availability Starting time: Thursdays, 10AM
- Languages English
- Departure Point 111 West 110th Street, New York NY 10026 (between Malcolm X Boulevard and Adam Powell Boulevard)
- No cancellation fees if cancelled 24 hours prior to tour date.
Depart towards South Bronx, an area in the midst of transforming with hip bars, art galleries
- Experience local life that has salsa running through the streets along with an electricity that simply says “Hey Folks, Guess What, I’m in DA BRONX!”
See Yankee Stadium, home to the New York Yankees
Lunch in the Bronx’s Little Italy with markets filled with hanging sausages, homemade pastas, colossal sized cheeses, multitudes of Italian imports, gourmet sandwiches, and delicious pastries (food cost not included)
Bronx Community College, home of the first ever “Hall of Fame” and set of the Hollywood movies “A Beautiful Mind” and “Sophie’s Choice”
See some of New York City’s most famous sights while working up a sweat on this exciting sightseeing comprehensive bike tour. This tour begins with a ride into the South Bronx, a neighborhood in the midst of transforming from one of the country’s most notoriously dilapidated into a revitalized community with an increasing number of hip bars and galleries.
From hanging sausages to Hollywood movies, this tour delves into the little-known delights of the Bronx!
This tour begins with a ride into the South Bronx, a neighborhood in the midst of transforming from one of the country’s most notoriously dilapidated into a revitalized community with an increasing number of hip bars and galleries.
As your bike dances to salsa music, merengue and Mexican rancheras we will also pass through a surprisingly suburban part of the borough, now without a trace of what was once compared to a bombed-out Berlin at the end of World War II. Then, a ride through Crotona Park leads us to another part of the Bronx that takes us back to Doo Wop singers and has us dreaming about Italy while still pedaling in America.
Lunch in the Bronx’s Little Italy sets you wandering through markets filled with hanging sausages, homemade pastas, gourmet sandwiches, and delicious pastries.
From the Arthur Avenue neighborhood, we pass by shops that bang out bumpers, tackle transmissions, and shape out auto bodies. But now, we begin to feel the real topography of the Bronx as we climb some Bronx hills (don’t worry you’ll make it) and end up at the magnificent campus of Bronx Community College, home of
the first ever “Hall of Fame” and set of the Hollywood movies “A Beautiful Mind” and “Sophie’s Choice”.
On one point of our route we pass the most loved, most admired, most famous Yankee Stadium. Our return to Manhattan is no less than spectacular as we ride over the Highbridge Aqueduct used to bring water to millions in New York City. Back to Manhattan we ride through a forest that brings us back in time to the way it looked when Native Americans proudly inhabited much of Manhattan. On our last two stops we pass the Morris-Jumel Mansion, a strategic outpost for George Washington during the American Revolution. You will also see City College with its majestic look and castle-like appearance. City College offers one of the finest engineering programs in the United States.
- Bike tour with licensed New York City tour guide
- Bike Rental
- Basket/Bike Bag
- Illustrated Map
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts at 111 West 110th Street New York, NY 10026 (between Malcolm X Boulevard and Adam Powell Boulevard)
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card
Know before you go
- Please note, all guests must be able to ride their own bike.
- Group size of maximum 8 people
- Please note, attachments such as double trailers and tag-a-long bikes are not permitted on the tour for the safety reasons.
- Please note, no customer under the age of 18 will be given a bike without an adult over the age of 18 present.
- All staff and guests entering the store will be required to wear a face mask or face covering if they are not fully vaccinated.
- All staff will be wearing gloves when handling equipment.
- All bikes and equipment are sprayed down before and after each use.
- There is a limit of guests allowed into each location at one time, dependent on the space.