The nation’s capital is beautiful in November. Leaves have changed their color, and the city is full of possibilities! One fun, relatively new holiday is Friendsgiving, a time to celebrate friendship right before celebrating family! Friendsgiving is officially on November 18th this year, but you can celebrate it any day that works for you and your squad.
Get a large group of friends out to celebrate the joy of friendship and the thankful feeling of the season with bike rentals, guided tours, and more in Washington DC. Unlimited Biking can help you plan a creative outing with those special people who make life a little more exciting.
Here are some of our favorite ways to celebrate Friendsgiving:
Explore the food
Washington DC is a melting pot, and this means there are a lot of international food options out there! Bike around the city, then take a break at one of these great restaurants:
- Every city thinks they have the best pizza. Because we have locations in NYC, San Francisco, and DC, we are not at liberty to say which is best! However, we recommend We The Pizza in DC. It’s classic, delicious pizza.
- Go International. Washington DC is home to some amazing Ethiopian chefs. Try Zenebech Restaurant for an authentic Ethiopian meal.
- If you want great food at a discount price, you have to check out Ben’s Chilli Bowl. It’s a DC staple! Try the half-smokes, DC’s signature dish. This pork and beef sausage is topped with chilli, mustard, and onions.
- Friendsgiving is an event tailor made for the brunch crowd. You’ve got to check out one of Washington DC’s best restaurants, Le Diplomate.
Museums, monuments, and music
Washington DC has some of the best museums in the world. The monuments in the area are rich with historical significance. If your friend groups are more on the quiet side, these might be the best options for you.
- Explore the National Museum of African American History to learn more about our nation’s founding and the struggles and triumphs of the black American community.
- The National Museum of Art is full of iconic art pieces to marvel at.
- The Vietnam Veterans Memorial was designed by Maya Lin when she was just twenty-one years old. It is one of the most striking and most controversial monuments in America.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. was a towering figure in American history, and now his beautiful memorial towers over DC.
- Try Unlimited Biking’s Monuments and Memorials tour for a descriptive journey through the monuments, led by our top tier guides. You can do it on bike or Segway!
- For music lovers, check out Black Cat to see live performances with your very best friends.
More from Unlimited Biking
Unlimited Biking offers many activities for your friend group! Check out our favorite Friendsgiving activities:
- Take a Segway Tour! Segways are an incredible and unique way to see the city. Let our knowledgeable guides show you around the nation’s capital.
- Rent rollerblades with your friends and make memories that will last a lifetime!
- Check out Mount Vernon! You can visit the estate of George Washington. With Unlimited Biking, you get a full-day bike rental and discounted admission to our first president’s historic home. Learn more about our package here.
Plan Your Friendsgiving Festivities Today
Unlimited Biking can arrange private, custom tours to entertain everyone in your group this friendsgiving. We are open 365 days a year at our 998 Maine Avenue location! Give us a call at 202-842-2453 or email us at [email protected]