Training Program for Competition
Train at least a week before your competition! During this week you will prepare for your competition. Keep your goal in mind and continue your efforts until D-Day!
Training to be done during the week of preparation! (Train for about 100 miles)
- Saturday: 120 min flat terrain (40 miles – Difficulty = Normal)
- Sunday: Rest & Relax (Yoga or meditation)
- Monday: 45 min steep terrain (20 miles – Difficulty = Hard)
- Tuesday: Rest & Relax (Yoga or meditation)
- Wednesday: 90 min flat terrain (30 miles – Difficulty = Hard)
- Thursday: 30 min steep terrain (20 miles – Difficulty = Hard) / Rest & Relax (Yoga or meditation)
- Friday: 30 min Intensive with several phases of acceleration throughout your session (20 miles – Difficulty = Hard) / Rest & Relax (Yoga or meditation) in the evening
During the week, sleep well, eat and drink a lot!
Remember that to be in shape during your training week but also for your competition you must make sure to feed yourself well and relax your mind. Diet and stress can play a big part in your success or failure.
Always eat fresh, carbohydrate snack, or high protein foods that also contain good minerals and vitamins. You can eat small portions throughout the day. During your training do not forget your bar and energy drinks.
Remember to always leave about 2 hours between your meals and exercises to have a good digestion and be in good shape on your bike.
Before the competition, stay focused and do not lose your goal! The mind also plays on your success! Stay positive and never give up!
After the race, think about feeding yourself and drinking a lot, stress and intense effort can make you lose more pounds.
Try Fitness Biking with us! Book your Road Bike now on our website: Click here!
56 W 56th St, New York, NY 10019