The winter holidays are approaching. Regardless of what you celebrate or if you celebrate at all, this is a great time to plan some quality family time. Children get off school and adults, if they’re lucky, are getting some time away from work. San Francisco is a great place to be during the winter months! You’ll get a breeze, but you’re never going to be frozen like you would be in other parts of the world. We compiled a list of fun, family activities to keep you occupied this holiday season.
For families with children under 12 years old
- Drive through the Great Dickens Fair! For Covid safety, this event is taking place in the comfort of your cars this year. This fun event will send you back to Dickens’ London with entertainment and food!
- Visit the Steinhart Aquarium! Rent bikes from Unlimited Biking’s Haight Street location, then dock them outside this Golden Gate Park attraction. Aquariums are a great time for the whole family and a learning experience for children!
- Go to a tea party with your child and their favorite doll. The Westin St. Francis Hotel is hosting a Dollie and Me Tea Party on December 18th and 19th. This family-friendly event will provide your child with tasty treats and great company!
- View the enormous ginger bread house at Fairmont San Francisco. The 2-story 25-foot tall ginger bread house is a sight to behold and exciting for people of all ages.
For families with teenagers
- Go on a bike tour of The Golden Gate Bridge! The best way to see this iconic American landmark is by bike. Unlimited Biking offers a 3 hour tour that will fascinate and amuse the whole family!
- Go on a trip to Alcatraz. Though it is a bit morbid, tours of Alcatraz are absolutely fascinating and an important insight into history.
- Go to a Golden State Warriors basketball game! Grab a hot dog and enjoy the show.
- Visit Yosemite National Park. Widely regarded as one of the most beautiful national parks in America, this beautiful wilderness of waterfalls, sequoias, and meadows will inspire awe.
- Take a hike at Lands End Trail. This gorgeous trail is on the northwest side of San Fransisco. It’s only about 4 miles, so you can take it at any speed you want!
- Go for an electric bike ride. To ride an ebike with Unlimited Biking, you must be at least 16 years old. This is a great way to see San Francisco! The ebikes are pedal assist, so you are still riding your bike, but you get more speed for your effort.
- California is home to some of the best vineyards in America. Take a wine tour together and enjoy the beauty and sophistication of San Francisco, Napa, and Sonoma.
- Enjoy a live music event. Take some time to enjoy local music in the San Francisco area. From jazz to rock, there are a lot of excellent offerings.
We love this city and are proud members of the community. Unlimited Biking has two locations in San Francisco! We are at 757 Beach Street and 1792 Haight Street. For more information on Unlimited Biking, email us at [email protected] or give us a call for a 10% discount at 212-749-4444!