The winter holidays are coming up! This is an ideal time to plan special family time and make memories that will last forever. Children get off school and adults, if they’re lucky, are getting some time away from work. If you love the idea of a snowy white Christmas, New York City is a great place to be during the winter months! Bundle yourself up and listen to the silver bells ringing. We compiled a list of fun, family activities to keep you occupied this holiday season.
For families with children under 12 years old
- Check out the Holiday Lights at the Bronx Zoo! This is a really fun experience for little ones! This winter event is open until January 9th and features a forest of light, ice carving, performances, and so much more!
- See a Broadway show! This is fun for people of all ages. As Broadway comes back, the excitement in these theaters is palpable. Get your tickets in advance, and enjoy a dazzling display of talent.
- Take a tour of the Statue of Liberty! This iconic statue is an emblem of America, New York City, and the immigrants that created this country. Learn more about its history with a closer view via a boat tour.
- Visit Rockefeller Center’s huge Christmas tree! If you’re in New York City during the holidays, this is a must-see. Here’s a tip: the tree is huge, but this area gets very crowded and very cold. Grab some hot chocolate before coming, and prepare to wait for a great picture opportunity.
For families with teenagers
- Celebrate with a special holiday tea at The Plaza. The Plaza Hotel’s legendary Palm Court is beautifully decorated and offers a delicious tea service. This is a pricey option, but it helps teens feel sophisticated while they live their Eloise fantasy.
- Go ice skating in Brooklyn! Prospect Park has a large ice rink perfect for families to spend quality time together. If you’re new to ice skating, make sure to rent elbow and knee pads!
- Go to a Brooklyn Nets or New York Knicks basketball game! This is the perfect, indoor activity for a family with teenagers.
- Take a guided bike tour through Central Park or across the Brooklyn Bridge! Bundle up and enjoy getting insight into the city in this unique experience!
- For couples, try out a romantic horse and carriage ride through Central Park. This is a perfect way to snuggle up to your loved one and see the park from a new perspective.
- Go for an electric bike ride. To ride an ebike with Unlimited Biking, you must be at least 16 years old. This is a great way to see San Francisco! The ebikes are pedal assist, so you are still riding your bike, but you get more speed for your effort.
- Check out the Holiday Market at Columbus Circle! From November 24th to December 24th, there is a holiday market that is perfect for buying last minute gifts and finding local businesses. Across the city, there are many holiday markets, but we recommend stopping by this one, then enjoying a bike ride starting at our 57th street location.
- Enjoy a magical night at a rooftop bar. Yes, even in winter, New York City has rooftop bars available for fun times with beautiful views of the skyline.
Unlimited Biking has FOUR locations in New York City! We are at:
56 West 56th Street, New York, NY 10019
346 W 57th Street, New York, NY 10019
38 Park Row, New York, NY 10038
111 West 110th Street, New York, NY 10026
For more information on Unlimited Biking, email us at [email protected] or give us a call for a 10% discount at 212-749-4444!